This year we are going back to basics with classic book club. We have carefully curated a list of great reads that we think will spark interesting conversation.
Here’s how it works: Leiden Book Club is for anyone and everyone. Each month we will read a fab book and then we will talk about how fab (or not) it is.
Here is our list for 2019:
- March – My Year of Rest and Relaxation, Ottessa Moshfegh
- April – Motherhood, Sheila Hetti
- May – Less, Andrew Sean Greer
- June – Eat Up, Ruby Tandoh
- July – Rebecca, Daphne Du Maurier
- August – Lullaby, Leila Slimani
- September – Feminists Don’t Wear Pink, Scarlett Curtis
- October – The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, Eva Rice
At the end of each month we will post an article and some talking points on our website, ready to get literary discussion ball rolling. We encourage you to join the conversation and leave your thoughts in the comments.
Leiden Book Club is by no means compulsory. Dip in and out as you need to but try not to get ahead. If you have read a book before, you are of course welcome to skip out for a month but instead we suggest having a re-read and wowing us all with your superior analysis. we also find it’s better to read the book before you watch the movie.
We look forward to discussing each of these books with you!