Have you got something planned this Friday night? Well if you have, those after work drinks can wait. If you haven’t then all the better, because we have a suggestion. On Friday 11th November, Trove, a unique retail space in the heart of the Canberra CBD, created by a collective of artist and makers, will be hosting a showcase of art and fashion.
Don’t expect a typical after hours shopping event, although there will be the requisite live music, wine, and nibbles on offer, guests are invited to meet the makers of some of the fine treasures on show and to uncover more about the way in which they are made.
Here is what will go down:
- A roaming fashion parade featuring two designers who retail at Trove — Dissonance and Sovata — and three guest designers — Karen Lee, Zilpah Tart, and Pure Pod. A live painting demonstration by Jennifer Baird of Fifth Season
- Beautiful artwork on display by Fiona Hill Art
- Live music by acoustic guitar player David Bath
- Complimentary wine and cheese
- An opportunity to meet the designers and artists and talk with them about their work
Now you have your Friday night all planned out, all you have to do is get through the rest of the week, and in no time at all you will be sipping champagne, listening to music, and enjoying beautiful things. We’ll see you there.
For more information visit Trove’s website
Top Image: Stephanie Kwong in grey dress and hat by Sovata, jewellery by JAC Studios. Stephanie was the winner of Fashions on the Field in Canberra this year. Photo by Andrew Campbell.
Both Sovata and JAC Studios are stocked at Trove.